Friday, January 15, 2010

Not sure if this is the type of thing we'll be blogging on, but...

I randomly flipped to Habakkuk 3 this morning and found this passage to be very beautifully written-I think the NIV translates the Hebrew poetry into English quite well:

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

3 comments:

  1. Someone was really hungry! I think that is a beautiful passage for giving hope to those of us who have been affected financially by the recession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this. thanks for sharing.

    i have a question tho.. are we going to continue posting anonymously??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how to post anonymously. It should be possible to change the screen name to make it more difficult to ascertain the identity of the writer.

    ReplyDelete