Wednesday, March 31, 2010

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

worries cripple my desire to seek first his kingdom and his righteousness. i think i could be diligent in my daily responsibilities. but even if despite diligence, i experience instability /uncertainty in areas like finances, job, relationships, future, etc... i hope eventually my peace of mind and heart won't be dictated by these things. why do i think my daily concerns fall outside God's control? the past few bible studies and sermons have been good in helping me rethink and recognize God's authority over all things, from natural storms to supernatural demons. and even if my prayers aren't answered the way i'd expect, i'm seeing that it's God maintaining his good plan. sort of in the same way ben pointed out yesterday that Jesus can assent to the pleadings of demons and faithless people, and then say no to the healed man who begged to travel with Jesus - i can imagine it was with the utmost earnestness that he begged, out of immense love and faith for the dude who had just ended his emotional/physical/spiritual enslavement to thousands of demons. thankfully, with the 'no,' Jesus adds words of direction. sometimes i feel like my prayers are like, "oh God oh God.. my loans!!!! are you going to help me?? should i be working here right now?? do i really have to give this and that up???? circle: yes/no. and p.s. these are legitimate concerns!" but he responds, "Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." i've been seeing in my own life how mature faithful people follow this command despite money, timing and other logistics not falling into place - and God provides..

1 comment:

  1. just re-read this, and it was very encouraging to me.

    ReplyDelete